Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Pride Or Opportunity?

 There's this guy from India who follows the blog, he mailed me yesterday. He was caught up in a tight situation. Here's what the mail said...

  Ayo!! Lord Phocklin! Hi I am a follower of your blog. I make it a point to visit it atleast twice a week and I think its pretty cool! Okay lets get to the point. I want to share my story with you so that you can let me know if am right or wrong.

  I am an engineering student who is crazy about rap. Rap's life for me. There is this college festival of ours and I took part in various competitions, one of which was singing. Unfortunately there is no such competition totally dedicated to rap so I gave my name for singing. Me and my friend Sean were about to perform Drake- Forever. This was a great opportunity for us to showcase our talent, but first we had to go through the eliminations. We reached the college auditorium on time and there were so many people participating. The organizers who were seniors asked us to register ourselves once again and told us to copy the minus track on the laptop which was connected to the whole system. As it was an elimination round we had just 2mins to prove ourselves. I and Sean decided to sing the chorus together an then Sean does Drake and I do Eminem. So we asked the guy on the system to kinda like fast-forward it to 4:30 on the track when I signal him that is after Sean finishes his verse. He said its cool and we were second to perform. The track was played but we couldn't hear the beat so we asked them to turn the beat up. They said fine and the judges didn't mind as well. It stated off again and we sang the chorus together. Everything was going great . Sean started his verse and I supported him,then after a few lines am wondering why Sean was sounding off beat. But then I realized that useless wanker already forwarded it to 4:30 even though I didn't tell him to do so and he was busy chatting with his friends. I just couldn't go without the beat as you know you cant rap without the proper beat. So told one of the seniors "what the hell is going on??" he replied that times up you gotta go off stage but that guy didn't know what was wrong. Then I went off stage  and made them realize their mistake they said fine don't get angry we will give you a chance and call you back once everybody is done. I said get lost and we walked out.....I lost an opportunity! What I did was right or wrong? I told them IL come back some other day to kickass! Wont let them go so easy....
 







3 comments:

imaeazma said...

i like it..

Unknown said...

well its quite an interesting story...a real one..il give the answer to his question soon!

Unknown said...

truly amazing story...am eagerly awaiting your take on this..

Post a Comment